Sunday, March 4, 2012

Li-Berry of Congress

Last week I promised Feisty that I would take her to the Library of Congress the following weekend. All week I asked her, "Where are we going?" and she would reply, "Li-berry of Congress."
I told her the Library of Congress is the world's largest library. She asked if the library had a copy of Green Eggs and Ham. I told her it did. I told her the library also controls copyright and that any author that would like copyright protection must submit two copies of their book to the Library of Congress. Because of this the Library of Congress has to operate out of a number of buildings. Feisty then informed me she owns a copy of Green Eggs and Ham and she has read THE ENTIRE BOOK. I  informed her I was impressed.
When the weekend arrived, Feisty and I drove to DC (the Metro was being worked on). I was nervous driving in the city for the first time, but it actually went really well. I found a parking meter right by the library and we started our adventure.
Feisty's father gave her a disposable film camera. As soon as I taught her how to work it, she went to town. While I kept taking pictures of the ceiling, Feisty opted to document the floor.
Upstairs we go.
Feisty is standing in front of one of the many murals depicting a various virtue that reside upstairs. This particular virtue is "Courage." At the end of the day when we were walking back to the car, Feisty had a moment where she didn't think she would make it. I told her that she could do it and that we were almost to the car. She replied, "I have courage. I can do it." I think the mural made an impression.
That floor is FABULOUS!
The Li-berry was so much fun. Where should we go next?
"Dinah, I ran out of film. Can I use your camera?"
So many things to photograph - my skirt.
DC
My skirt.
DC
Taking pictures has made me hungry. CUPCAKES!
Now that we are sugared up, where should we go? I know! The Botanical Gardens!
"Dinah, can I take more pictures?"
Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment