Saturday, March 10, 2012

Feisty and the National Cathedral

Feisty, her dad, and I went to the National Cathedral today. On the way there Feisty kept asking her father what a cathedral was. He replied that a cathedral is like a large church. Her reply was, and I quote, "Are you kidding me!?! Saturday is a rest from church!!!!!!!! I will kick your butts and drive this car home!!!!!!!" Her father then informed her that by a church, he meant a building, that we were going to tour. She calmed down...slightly.
The National Cathedral was built in 1907 and it is GORGEOUS! It is still being repaired from the 2011 DC earthquake.
I am so in love with the gothic architecture.
Smile Feisty! She asked me to make sure her missing tooth gap was showing.
Feisty was given a National Cathedral sticker. Your forehead is an excellent place for it Feisty.
Feisty and I both loved the observation area in one of the towers. Check out the view from seven stories up.
Flying buttresses - my favorite!!!!
Feisty is taking lots of pictures. Check out that concentration.
A Feisty photo.
Hi Dinah!
Hi Feisty's foot!
She has already mastered the self-portrait.
Okay.
Another Feisty photograph.
Oh Feisty! I didn't see you there. Be sure to get my good side. Yes...up my nose...that is my good side.
Feisty loved the beautiful stained glass windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment